First, create a stream
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- From the top right, click Go Live to open Live Control Room.
- Click the Stream tab.
- If this is your first live stream: Edit your stream and click Create stream.
If you’ve live streamed before: Your previous stream settings will load. This includes your stream key which means you won’t need to update your encoder.
- If you’re in the YouTube Partner Program, you can monetize your live stream. Learn more.
Next, connect your stream to your encoder, and then go live
- In your encoder stream settings, if you see the option to stream to YouTube, select that. Otherwise copy the stream URL from YouTube and paste it in to your encoder’s Stream settings server. This may say RTMP server.
- Copy the stream key from YouTube and paste it in to your encoders Stream settings where it says Stream Key.
- Set up your encoder, then start the stream with your encoder. A watch page is now created for your stream and you are now live on YouTube. Notifications will be sent and your stream will show up in subscriber feeds.
- To end the stream, stop sending content from your encoder. All streams under 12 hours will be automatically archived. You can access previous, current, and upcoming streams in the Live Tab on your YouTube Studio dashboard. Learn more.