Scheduling a stream lets you promote your stream. Viewers can get reminders on upcoming streams, you can share the URL on social media, and more.
Schedule a stream
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- From the top right, click Go Live to open Live Control Room.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click Schedule stream.
- You can reuse settings from a previous stream and click Reuse settings or you can create a new stream by clicking Create new.
- If you’re in the YouTube Partner Program, you can monetize your live stream. Learn more.
When it’s time to start your stream…
Connect your stream to your encoder, and then go live.
- In your encoder stream settings, if you see the option to stream to YouTube, select that. Otherwise copy the stream URL from YouTube and paste it into your encoder’s Stream settings server. This may say RTMP server.
- Copy the stream key from YouTube and paste it in to your encoders Stream settings where it says Stream Key.
- Set up your encoder, then start the stream.
- In Live Control Room, wait for the stream preview to show up, and then click Go live.
- To end the stream, click End Stream and stop sending content from your encoder. All streams under 12 hours will be automatically archived. You can access previous, current, and upcoming streams in the Live Tab on your YouTube Studio dashboard. Learn more.