Show Format/Class Format
Here’s the foundation for a successful virtual class format designed to be streamed to the end-user learner in a remote learning environment doing distance learning.
You can easily see how it can be used for many different learning environments, but this is meant to be a guideline for a successful virtual classroom.
Dissolve the Screen
- Use viewer’s names from the live feed in chat windows
- Involve the viewer in a task right away
Organize the Learning
- Tell them the Learning Intentions – What the show/lesson is about
- Track the learning using Google Forms and responses in the chat window
Check for Understanding
- The Take-Away – Write it in the chat window
- Cold Calling the Viewer encourages feedback responses
- Verbally use the viewer’s names on the screen
- In the chat – invite the named participants to add to the chat stream
- Pre-Call: e.g “We’re going to watch this clip and then, I’d like you to summarise in the chat window.”
- Batched: e.g. “So, we’ve read that passage. What’s the key message? Let’s hear from our chat viewers.”
- Synchronous Learning
- Reinforcing positive learning behaviors – thumbs up in the chat
- Everybody Writes – type YES or No in the chat window
- Asynchronous Learning
- Highlight Pause Points – guide participants
- Remind about the Key Tasks – What were the learning intentions?
- Blended Learning – Listen/Watch and Do
I'm Live!Watch Now